Sunday, May 06, 2007

Duration

Possible project for the future.

Starting on my birthday I pledge to record a minute of sound each day. Any recorded sound counts but ideally I would record as much music as possible. The idea is to document a years worth of the sounds that enter my ears. The sound can be recorded on any format in any location. No editing is allowed during the year. I am only permitted to press record, let whatever I'm using run for a minute and turn the tape off. At the end of the year I release the entire six hours on two data discs.

My main reservation is that publishing ones notebook is mad self indulgent and more importantly, I'm not sure that I could sustain that kind of daily routine for a full year. I think the discipline would be good for me though, maybe I'll try.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home